Land the Job You Love: 10 Surefire Strategies for Jobseekers Over 50
Reviewed By: Anne Holmes
- Treat everyone you meet with courtesy and respect
- Network, network, network – and recognize that you\’ll need to spend some significant time on this aspect of your search
- Don\’t speak ill of your former employer
- Be prepared with a resume and references
- Send thank you notes after every interview
But then again, many things are different:
- You\’re older, and you may not know how to present this as an advantage.
- There are new tools available to you, which you need to master. A great one, for example, is the website www.LinkedIn.com.
Which means that to be successful, you\’ll need to present your talents and skills to best advantage in today\’s competitive job market. That\’s why Williams\’ new book “Land the Job You Love!” should be your step-by-step guide through every phase of the job search process. In it you\’ll discover:
- The resume format that best highlights your experience and skill sets as an older applicant
- How-to tips for successful networking in order to get yourself in front of key decision-makers
- Ways to organize your thoughts (using her handy worksheets)
- Effective interview techniques
- Sure-fire responses to frequently asked questions
- How to best respond to behavioral style questions
- And much, much more
Author Mary Eileen Williams, M.A., NCC, has twenty years of combined experience as a career and life transition counselor, job search specialist, university instructor, and writer. She\’s a Nationally Board Certified Counselor with a Master\’s Degree in Career Development, and specializes in working with job seekers in midlife and showing them the latest techniques for landing a job in the 21st Century.
Williams, who\’s also known for her radio show and website, feistysideoffifty.com/, has successfully worked with thousands of older applicants and knows the most effective methods to use to overcome the special challenges you face. This book contains sage advice and handy worksheets to get you going. It\’s a winner!