Intensity in the Empty Nest
Intensity in the Empty NestBy Natalie Caine, M.A. NABBW’s Empty Nest Expert
As we ease out of Summer, and into Fall, many of us will agree that we\’ve been through an intense time. That\’s why it is now time to take a few minutes for ourselves, and why it is especially important to review our core values.
For me, when I remember that I am more than what I am in the midst of living, then I can be present with perseverance and hope.
Wondering where to start? Here are some suggestions:
- Review your talents.
- Check out how you are doing with your self-worth. Don\’t allow your inner critic to blind you.
- Get outside and look at the changing colors.
- Focus on what is working in your life.
- Speak up.
- Take baby steps for newness.
- Lower your expectations in order not to set yourself up for being hurt. Reality checks of this nature can really help.
- Keep in mind that differences allow for curiosity and compassion. Notice what limits you and stop the chatter. Stand tall.
I could go on and on with what I need to hear myself remember, but fortunately for you and for me, I need to get out the door.
LOVE THE LIFE YOU HAVE
Take good care,
Natalie Caine M.A.
Life In Transition, What\’s Next?
Empty Nest Support Services
(800) 446-3310 or (818) 763-0188
Featured in Time Magazine, USA Today, Huffington Post, MariaShriver .com, Better Homes and Gardens, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Lifetime Radio for Women, Chicago Tribune, Sirius, Associated Press, Miami Herald, and many more.
Change is inevitable. Get Ready. Get Support. Life transitions need a hand to hold.
– Private Telephone Consultations
– Speaking engagements
– Support groups
– Facebook, Linked In, Twitter