Baby Boomers: The Path from Job Loss to Re-Employment
BABY BOOMERS: THE PATH FROM JOB LOSS TO RE-EMPLOYMENT
NABBW November Teleseminar
Carol Orsborn, Ph.D.,
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
3:00 p.m. EST
Have you been caught up in a corporate downsizing? Maybe you\’ve recently lost your only means of income and don\’t know which way to turn. If so, then you\’ll want to join us on this free teleseminar.
Boomer expert, veteran marketing executive, and author of, “The Year I Saved My (downsized) Soul: A Boomer Woman\’s Search for Meaning…and a Job, Carol Orsborn, Ph.D., who has appeared on Oprah and The Today Show, and in the pages of People Magazine, Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, will be one of the NABBW guests for our November teleseminar, Baby Boomers: The Path from Job Loss to Re-Employment. She understands firsthand what Boomer Women face when caught up in a downsizing. Carol will discuss the top five things one should do immediately, and explain why attitude has so much to do with successfully becoming employed again. Some Boomer Women do better, attitude-wise than others.
Here are just a few of the topics that Dr. Orsborn will discuss:
- It\’s the economy that\’s broken, not you.
- There are times when all you can do is remember to breathe.
- Not everything that happens is a message. Sometimes a rat is only a rat.
- It is in the void that the status quo has the lightest hold on us. Released from the constructs of our everyday life, we have the least to lose. In the void, we are freest to make changes.
- You don\’t need an upbeat or even a brave attitude to make progress. You just need discipline, putting resumes out, making phone calls, following up leads and the like. This you can do happy or sad, anxious or full of faith.
To further the discussion and to help Boomer Women everywhere with specific “tools for employment,” Amy Hoster, Business Development Manager for www.wiserworker.com, who\’s been involved in the recruiting industry since 1999, will discuss the following topics:
- The right kind of resume
- What to say and NOT say in an interview
- Optimizing your resume for results
- Job Fairs – how they can benefit you
*Call-in information will be emailed to you prior to teleseminar.*
By registering for this teleseminars, you will receive an email reminder for the call and be added to our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time.