10 Tips: Happiness Centered Weight Loss
Our Lady of Weight Loss takes a happiness centered approach to weight loss. It is her mission to make weight loss fun … to make weight loss a joyful experience. Here follows ten of her top tips that she feels will up your energy, keep you focused and help you to happily melt fat.
Ten Tips to Happiness Centered Weight Loss
1. BALANCE: Permanent weight loss is about living a balanced life. It\’s about looking at all areas of your life – physical health, mental health, relationships, finances, career, fun, creativity, spirituality, physical environment, time – and creating them so that they support YOU to have the best life ever.
Focusing only on weight loss will not serve you well. You may lose it; but without creating balance in all areas of your life, you will in all likelihood find it again. We\’re talking PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS here!
2. COMMITMENT: Make a commitment to YOU, all of you, every aspect of you. Losing weight won\’t fix what\’s wrong with your finances. Gathering buckets of money won\’t help you to lose weight. Commit to giving yourself the best life that you can. Do this for YOU and your body!
3. THE SCALE: Do NOT get hung up on the number on the scale.
Do you know what the scale really measures – scientifically that is? Every object in the universe with mass attracts every other object with mass. (Some more massive than others!) Therefore, there is a pull – a force – an attraction ) between you and the Earth. Your bathroom scale measures gravitational pull!! Nowhere in scientific date – that I could find – does it state that the scale measures HIDEOUS FAT. Nor does it say that you are BAD!
4. VISIONING: Envision your compelling future. What would you ultimately like your life to be like? See every detail. From where you would live, what you would do, what you are wearing! See, feel, hear and smell (if you can! Perhaps the honeysuckle in the air; or the slicing of a lemon.) every aspect of this clear picture. Write it down. And now make it come true. One step at a time.
5. SAFE HAVEN: Keeping your home clear of the Devil\’s Food, red light items, things that send you off on a binge is essential! Making your home a safe haven affords you an opportunity to establish healthy, solid habits. It is essential that you create an environment that supports your permanent fat removal efforts; a place where you are as free as possible from excessive food thoughts.
6. DE-Clutter. I\’ve been both organized and disorganized, I can tell you the 1st is the better way. Not only do you NOT waste time endlessly searching for stuff, but there\’s a mysterious calm one finds in organization.
7. BE IMPERFECT. There is no need to be perfect. It would be unbelievably boring if we were perfect. So dry, unpleasant, Stepford Wife-Like that we would seek imperfection. Revel in your imperfection.
8. BE YOUR PASSION. Jump head first into the thing you love to do the most. As they say, “Do what you love and the money will come.” Our Lady of Weight Loss says, “Jump headfirst into passion and the fat cells will melt!” Life will improve in ways you never imagined. You will be focused on what you love, feel less-stressed, be more productive, procrastinate less. The energy will shift dramatically. Can you feel it now?
9. FILL UP ON HAPPINESS. I was recently talking to one of my star Coaching clients (each and everyone of you a star in your own way). Betty (the names have been changed to protect the innocent) said, “I know I should fill up on happiness instead of food.”
Her comment led to a rich and satisfying conversation about happiness and how it affects our weight. It is a way bigger challenge to stay the course, and lose weight when you are feeling unhappy, depressed or sad; isn\’t it? Weight loss is about a lot more than just food and exercise. How will you FILL UP ON HAPPINESS?
10. WAKE UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED! You are 25 times more open to suggestion as you wake. Pay attention to what thoughts first surface, and if these first thoughts are not helpful, simply turn them around. Repeat your positive thought(s) a few times. Hold on to those good feelings for a moment or two. And then, \’see\’ the thought and imagine carrying this thought with you throughout the day.
Spread the word … NOT the icing!