Beat the High Price of Gas
With gasoline costs soaring above $4.00 a gallon, there\’s never been a better reason to reduce our consumption at the pump. These ten tips offer the fastest, easiest ways you can save gas – and money.
- 1. Drive smart – Avoid quick starts and stops, use cruise control on the highway, and don\’t idle.
- 2. Drive the speed limit – Remember – every 5 mph you drive above 60 mph is like paying an additional $0.10 per gallon for gas.
- 3. Drive less – Walk, bicycle, use a scooter or moped, combine trips, and telecommute.
- 4. Drive a more fuel-efficient car – Consider one of the new hybrids; at the very least, choose from among the EPA\’s “Fuel Economy Leaders” in the class vehicle you\’re considering.
- 5. Keep your engine tuned up – Improve gas mileage by an average of 4.1 percent by maintaining your vehicle in top condition.
Here are five more ways you can save money on gas: SAVE MONEY ON GAS