Empty Nest Support – November 2006 Newsletter
The kids are coming home to fill the Empty Nest for Thanksgiving.
Here is a reality check to make the weekend fun and connected:
Bottom line is : THANK GOODNESS FOR TIME TOGETHER.. Talk with your precious ones before they get home about some of your top needs, even if you have to send it via email because they are too busy to chat.
In the moment, pause, look around, and take in the beauty and love of your family.
Practice letting the little issues drop and the big appreciation rise to what really matters in the moment.
We aren\’t the Cleavers and we aren\’t Martha. We are unique families on the path of learning to love and be loved.
IF NO ONE IS COMING HOME and you are feeling the blues for good reason:
- Get movies to watch at home
- Read your local paper and see what the community is offering.
- Make holiday cards ahead of time
- Go outside and read a book you can get lost in for inspiration.
- Light a candle every evening.
- Shift your perception when you can that maybe this holiday is just for you and you are being spared some drama.
- Write on the message board of http://www.emptynestsupport.com/ and you will have support there for sure.
- Keep Kleenex with aloe in it and let those tears fall. They won\’t drop forever.
- Send your story to me: email@example.com
- Invite me to speak in your community
- Check the web for new contests and prizes in December.
- Post your favorite gifts that you gave and got
- Where are you going on vacation?
- Forward this newsletter to a friend
Thank you for being part of our growing empty nest support community