Getting Started with the NABBW
When you join the NABBW and your credit card has been successfully processed, you receive a letter from Anne Holmes, NABBW’s “Boomer in Chief,” which looks similar to this one, though each is personalized:
I’m delighted that you decided to join the NABBW. As NABBW’s “Boomer in Chief,” please let me take this opportunity to OFFICIALLY welcome you as a new member of the NABBW!
I look forward to getting to know you, through your participation on the site. I hope you will become an active member.
Here’s a link to give you a good initial overview of your membership benefits: My Member Benefits
As listed in that link (point 11 in the “Getting Started Guide,”) I encourage you to send in any news you want to share with your fellow members. This gets published in the Weekly Update, which comes out every Friday…
As you probably know, membership also includes a free subscription to MORE magazine, which comes to you in the mail, and GRAND magazine, which is delivered digitally.
We encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity to post articles to the NABBW website:
Look on the homepages of both sites under Member Articles for the NABBW and OUR VOICES, for the BoomerWomenSpeak.com site (these articles can be essays or stories, and submissions are open to the public), you’ll see that the Guidelines are posted there. But let me give you a few pointers for submitting articles to the NABBW:
- NABBW Members can submit one article per month.
- All articles must be instructional or “how-to” in context and should not be stories or essays; an exception would be humor.
- Please follow the Guidelines which are provided for you HERE.
- All articles should be error free, so please make sure you submit your best and final. We wish we had time to edit, but we just don’t.
- Once the article is approved, it will be posted and the author will be notified by us via email, and provided a link to the article. Feel free to use this link and share it with your audiences.
- If an article is rejected, please read the “reason(s)” as it could simply be minor errors needing correction. If so, you may resubmit and resend the article.
- Important! Articles without bios, web site links (if applicable), and the author’s name/email address will not be accepted. Please include this info WITHIN a WORD DOCUMENT only, NOT in the body of an email.
- Submissions should go to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should read “NABBW Article Submission.”
If you author a book or create a product NABBW can be even more supportive.
As an author or product developer, you are eligible to receive the following:
- A review of your book/product (for which you have sent us a review copy) in our monthly newsletter, where it will be seen by our 7,000+ subscribers
- The same review posted to our NABBW site, which you can link to on Amazon.com or use in any other way you desire
- The option for us to do a teleseminar together in which we can explore your topic of choice in an interview, and offer some sort of benefit to those listening on the call. Not to mention that all of our teleseminars are recorded, transcribed and archived, so NABBW members can listen to them at their convenience. (Note: we don’t guarantee to interview all our members for teleseminars, but we select our monthly interview subjects from among our members. And you don’t have to be an author to do a teleseminar. Just contact me if you have an idea for one, based on some area of your expertise. )
- Both sites are top-ranked with Google with regard to the keyword phrase “baby boomer women,” and Google actually considers the NABBW site to be the authority site on that phrase. Which means we get a lot of traffic – all people who are your ideal audience
Finally, be sure to visit the forums at http://boomerwomenspeak.com, you’ll find loads of people to chat with on a variety of topics (100’s of them), doubtless they will include discussions of interest to you.
We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial association!
Anne L. Holmes, APR
Boomer in Chief