Like many of her clients, Mary lives with multiple chronic illnesses, including rheumatoid arthritis, ankloysing spondylitis, and psoriatic arthritis. Unable to live the life she once lived after her diagnosis, Mary combined her years of working as a communications and marketing professional in the corporate world with her extensive church leadership experience to launch a writing, speaking, and coaching business focused on helping individuals find their purpose and live their passion.
A widely published author, Mary is currently working on a book, When Life Hurts: Ten Transforming Choices Every Woman Can Make. She is a frequent contributor to print and online publications, including Focus on the Family’s flagship website, Christian Coaching Magazine, the former Discipleship Journal, The Journal of Biblical Counseling, SAVED: A Multicultural Christian Magazine, and A Cup of Comfort Devotional for Women, to name a few. Her bylined and ghostwritten articles have also appeared in Associations Now, The Journal of the American Dietetic Association, PayTech, Bank Systems & Technology, and Community Banker.
Mary is also a popular speaker for church and community events. She covers diverse and multiple topics, including chronic illness management, personal development as a professional writer and speaker, calling and life purpose discovery, and more.
She is a member of the Christian Coaches Network, the International Coach Federation, the International Association of Business Communicators, and the American Association of Christian Counselors.
Mary and her husband Paul make their home in Virginia, about 40 miles outside of Washington, DC. Together, they have one son Ricky and a beautiful daughter-in-law Diana. Learn more about Mary at www.NewLifeChristianCoaching.com and www.MaryYerkes.com.
- Rx for the Holidays: Cultivate Gratitude
- Art and Creative Self Expression: Tools for Transcending Chronic Pain and Illness
- Harnessing the Power of Place
- Remaining Positive When Facing a Chronic Illness
- Adjusting to Life With Chronic Illness
- 50 Powerful Coaching Questions to Create Change
- How to Bounce Back
- The Simple Life: Intentional Living for the Chronically Ill
- Chronic Illness and Recovering from Loss
- Living Well with Chronic Illness: Small Choices Make a Big Difference
- How Being “Tolerant” Can Ruin Your Health: Eliminate These Common Energy-Drainers
- Necessary Endings
- 10 Tips for Building Resilience in the Face of Chronic Illness
- How You Can Support Those Living with Chronic Illness
- Chronic Illness: A Four-Phase Journey to a New Life: Move from Surviving to Thriving in the New Year
- How to Navigate Difficult Family Relationships During the Holidays When You\’re Living with Chronic Illness
- A Brand New You: Rebuilding a Meaningful Life with Chronic Illness
- Adjusting to Life with Chronic Illness
- 5 Smart Choices for Living Well
- 5 Sure-Fire Tips for Traveling Smart with Chronic Illness